Diploma type and program volume: Single degree, 240 ESTC credits
Higher educational establishment: Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University
Institution under accreditation: Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, National Agency for Ensuring Quality of Higher Education
Accreditation period: The program is implemented in 2016, accredited for 10 years. License. Series НД-ІІ №2479787
Program level: FQ – EHEA – first cycle, QF-LLL – 6 level, НРК – 6 level.
The program aim: Providing scientific and professional (theoretical and practical) training of competitive competent professionals, able to realize professional activity in a secondary school, to provide various forms of gaining general education, deepen instrumental knowledge and cognitive skills through training for master's program
The program characteristics
Subject field,Field of training:History, multidisciplinary; field of study - History and relevant subjects – Archives Study, Source Study, Philosophy, Pedagogy, Psychology, History of World Civilizations, Methodology of Teaching History; Knowledge of a Foreign Language. Education - 35%; History - 45% Relevant - 10%; Foreign Language - 5%.
The focus of the program: general /special: The ability to analyze and operate of modern academic history facts, project and implement the educational process to meet the requirements of competency based learning in "History" field of study.
Focus on archive and source study activity, using primary and secondary sources, documents from the socio-historical, socio-cultural and integration problems in Europe, critical historiography.
Program focusing:The program is aimed at mastering fundamental knowledge of history, and research skills. Aimed at special training of academics, history teachers, employees of state institutions and public organizations, initiative specialists able to generate new ideas and knowledge based on modern science, ready for continuous and relevant training.
Program peculiarities:Interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary training of specialists, possessing scientific tools for theoretical and experimental research and practice in archival, source and museum work, study of socio-political and socio-cultural realities of European space under the Eurocentric integration processes in Ukraine in educational activities.
Focusing on future employment and further education
Employment:Bachelor may hold a position of a pedagogical worker - history teacher in a secondary school, worker of the museum institutions and archives; in public administration bodies and public organizations; participate in conducting research, research assistant in research institutes.
Education continuation :The ability to study under the program of the second cycle in the field of knowledge, consistent with the received bachelor's degree, and the opportunity of teaching.
Approaches to teaching and training:Technologies of context, simulation, problem-based, modular, and project-based training are leading to a qualitative transformation of the learning environment for students. The main approaches to training are problematic and practice-oriented, implemented by means of using lectures methodology and techniques of research search, in the research focusing of practical classes in special subjects by shifting to action-oriented subjects of methodological cycle, targeting of different practices on the result.
Assessment system:Oral and written examinations, presentations, essays, educational practice, final qualification work.
Competence in science - the conscious use of cognitive abilities for the acquisition, use, and management of knowledge.
Language and communicative competence - the use of language as a means of oral and written communication, exchange of knowledge, ideas, emotions, persistence, the ability to be responsible for themselves and mature decisions, ability to cooperate.
ICT competence - confident and critical use of ICT for work and communication, a combination of knowledge, skills and different types of information, valuable attitude to this activity.
Social competence - the ability to share information, communicate, establish and maintain social relationships, the ability to cooperate, problem solving, and understanding.
Personal competence - is an integrative formation, including a system of values related to self-development and self-improvement in professional activities, awareness of their own strengths and weaknesses, the capacity for self-analysis, identification and development of individual positive qualities.
Interpersonal competence - the ability to build subject-subject relations in professional activities, the ability for active cooperation and integration in the pursuit of goals with other people, institutions and organizations.
Practical competence - the ability to put into practice the knowledge and research skills, willingness to make independent decisions, responsibility for results.
History – knowledge of the content and methodology of core and special historical subjects.
Chronological – the ability to be familiar with the historical time periods as a way to apply knowledge of history.
Spatial – the ability of students to be familiar with the historic space.
Information and speech - effectively and competently work with different sources of historical information, form oral and written expression on historical facts, historical figures and historical theory.
Logical - the ability to define and apply theoretical concepts, provision, concepts for the analysis and explanation of historical facts, events and processes.
Research - the ability to use scientific tools for theoretical and experimental research in the academic, practical and vocational activities.
Information – to work with different sources of information, analyze, synthesize, summarize and use it for training.
Practical – willingness to work independently, ability to apply theoretical knowledge gained in practice, readiness for local history studies organization in professional activities.
Axiological competence – the ability of students to formulate and evaluation versions of historical movement and development.
Scientific and methodological competence – the ability to apply pedagogical, psychological, vocational and subject knowledge and teaching skills based on knowledge of didactics.
Competence in innovation and improvement – to know the problems of innovation in education, use of different educational technologies and learning means.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student shows knowledge and understanding of:
- The content of core and special historical subjects.
- Basic historical processes and events of ancient, medieval, early modern, new, modern history of Ukraine and World History in their comparison and relationship.
- Complex of cross, general and individual subjects notions in the educational field.
- Subject and methodology of history, other social sciences and humanities.
- Historical periods, as a means of knowledge of history.
- Historiography to analyze current scientific debates on issues of national and world history and identify the promising research directions in other fields of scientific knowledge.
- Scientific tools for theoretical and experimental research in the academic, practical and vocational activities.
- Objective laws that relate to the processes of accumulation and preservation of social data.
- Regional peculiarities of Ukraine, theoretical and methodological fundamentals of local history activity.
- Methodological principles of analysis of cultural phenomena in the world civilization sphere.
- Knowledge of the subject, pedagogical, psychological fundamentals, fundamentals of organization and management of the educational process.
- Essence, patterns, trends and prospects of the educational process development.
- Theoretical fundamentals of didactics, content of education, patterns of learning, best practices and organizational learning.
- Scientific fundamentals of subject methods.
- Effective models of teaching history and social sciences.
A student shows skills and ability to:
- Analyze and operate the facts of modern academic history, historical knowledge in speciality.
- Use new methodological approaches in educational and professional activities: civilization, axiological, cultural, anthropological, and multifactorial.
- Consider social phenomena in the development and the specific historical conditions of time.
- Collect, process, and summarize information to create a deep knowledge base of historical and socio-cultural processes in Ukraine, in Europe, and in the world as a whole.
- Be familiar with scientific periodization, compare historical processes of national and world history, and identify trends in international relations, related to geopolitical factors.
- Characterize the historical process and regional peculiarities.
- Work with sources of information, to integrate their content, recognize and accept the diversity of critical analysis and evaluation of historical sources.
- Identify and apply theoretical concepts, provisions, concepts to analyze and explain the historical facts.
- Use scientific tools for theoretical and experimental research in the academic, practical and vocational activities.
- Formulate an assessment of the historical movement, historical figures activity, reveal ones own positions on controversial facts of history.
- Use fundamentals of theory and methodology of education in professional activities.
- Integrate the knowledge obtained in the process of studying various subjects in a single complex of humanities.
- Project and implement educational process taking into account the state requirements.
- Organize training activities and extracurricular work of pupils in secondary schools, create and maintain a psychologically safe learning environment.
- Work with innovative techniques and technologies of training, implement interdisciplinary relations.
- Diagnose and assess the level of development, achievement and educational needs of pupils.
- Organize joint activities and interpersonal interaction of the educational process subjects.
- Provide professional activity in a multicultural world, sharing and respecting the norms and values of their national and cultural environment.
- Show important personal qualities for educational activities (sociability, responsibility, reflexivity, empathy, capacity for self-analyses and self-management, professional growth).
І General training cycle
1.1 Humanities training
ГП1.1.01 Ukrainian Language
ГП1.1.02 Foreign Language
ГП 1.1.03 Latin Language
ГП 1.1.04 Philosophy
ГП 1.1.05 Special Historical Subjects
ГП 1.1.06 Ethnography of Ukraine
1.2 Core training
ФП 1.2.01 Age Physiology, and School Hygiene
ФП 1.2.02 Historical Geography of Ukraine
ФП 1.2.03 Archeology
ФП 1.2.04 Physical Education
ФП 1.2.05 History of Ukrainian Culture
ФП 1.2.06 History of Ukraine from ancient times to the 18th century
ФП 1.2.07 History of Ukraine in the 19th century
ФП 1.2.08 History of Ukraine in the 20th – early 21st century
ФП 1.2.09 History of the Ancient World
ФП 1.2.10 History of the Middle Ages
ФП 1.2.11 History of Foreign Countries Cultures
ФП 1.2.12 History of State and Law of Ukraine
ІІ Professional training cycle
2.1 Psychological and pedagogical training
ППП 2.1.01 Pedagogy
ППП 2.1.02 Psychology
ППП 2.1.03 Research Work Fundamentals
ППП 2.1.04 Theory and Methodology of Teaching History
ППП 2.1.05 Theory and Methodology of Social Science
ППП 2.1.06 Methodology of Training Local History Work
ППП 2.1.07 Methodology of Training History of Ukraine
ППП 2.1.08 Methodology of Training World History
ППП 2.1.09 History of Pedagogy
ППП 2.1.10 Methodology of Educational Work and Fundamentals of Educational Skills
2.2 Scientific and Subject Training
НПП2.2.01 History of Slavic People
НПП2.2.02 New History of Europe and America
НПП 2.2.03 Newest History of Europe and America
НПП 2.2.04 New History of Asia and Africa
НПП 2.2.05 Newest History of Asia and Africa
НПП 2.2.06 Historiography of History of Ukraine
НПП 2.2.07 Source Study of History of Ukraine
НПП 2.2.08 Archives Study
НПП 2.2.09 Fundamentals of Historical Museum Study
НПП 2.2.10 Archaeology of Ukraine
НПП 2.2.11 History of Primitive Society
ІІІ Subjects of a free choice of a student
ВВ 1.01 Constitutional Law of Ukraine
ВВ 1.02 Theory of State and Law of Ukraine
ВВ 1.03 Occupational Safety and Safety Management in Emergencies
ВВ 1.04 Employment Law of Ukraine
ВВ 1.05 Administrative Law of Ukraine
ВВ 1.06 Ukrainian Studies
ВВ 1.07 Political Science
ВВ 1.08 Computer Technologies in Profession
ВВ 1.09 Archaeological Source Study
ВВ 1.10 Historical Local History Study
ВВ 1.11 Ethics and Aesthetics
ВВ 1.12 Sociology
ВВ 1.13 Religion Studies
ВВ 2.01 Constitutional Law of Ukraine
ВВ 2.02 Theory of State and Law of Ukraine
ВВ 2.03 Occupational Safety and Safety Management in Emergencies
ВВ 2.04 Employment Law of Ukraine
ВВ 2.05 Administrative Law of Ukraine
ВВ 2.06 Ukrainian Studies
ВВ 2.07 Political Science
ВВ 2.08 Computer Technologies in Profession
ВВ 2.09 Archaeological Source Study
ВВ 2.10 Historical Local History Study
ВВ 2.11 Logic
ВВ 2.12 Cultural Studies
ВВ 2.13 Anthropology
032 History and Archeology
- Перегляди: 459
Diploma type and program volume: Single degree, 240 ESTC credits