Diploma type and program volume: Single degree, 240 ESTC credits
Higher educational establishment: Pavlo Tychyna Uman State Pedagogical University
Institution under accreditation: Ministry of Education and Science of Ukraine, National Agency for Ensuring Quality of Higher Education
Accreditation period: The program is implemented in 2016, accredited for 10 years. License. Series НД-ІІ №2479787
Program level: FQ – EHEA – first cycle, QF-LLL – 6 level, НРК – 6 level.
The program aim: Providing scientific and professional (theoretical and practical) training of competitive competent professionals, able to realize professional activity in a secondary school, to provide various forms of gaining general education, deepen instrumental knowledge and cognitive skills through training for master's program.
The program characteristics Subject field,Field of training: Education, history, multidisciplinary; field of knowledge – History and relevant subjects – archive studies, source studies, philosophy, pedagogy, psychology, history of world civilizations, methodology of teaching history; knowledge of a foreign language. Education – 35%; History – 45%, relevant – 10%; Foreign Language – 5%.
The focus of the program: general /special: Focus on projecting and implementation of the educational process taking into account the current socio-cultural situation and the level of an individual development in "History" field of training. Focus on archive and source study activity, using primary and secondary sources, documents from the socio-historical, socio-cultural and integration problems in Europe, critical historiography.
Program focusing The program is aimed at mastering fundamental knowledge of history, and research skills. Aimed at special training of academics, history teachers, employees of state institutions and public organizations, initiative specialists able to generate new ideas and knowledge based on modern science, ready for continuous and relevant training.
Program peculiarities: Interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary training of specialists, possessing scientific tools for theoretical and experimental research and practice in archival, source and museum work, study of socio-political and socio-cultural realities of European space under the Eurocentric integration processes in Ukraine in educational activities.
Focusing on future employment and further education Employment: Secondary education bachelor: secondary school Bachelor may hold a position of a pedagogical worker – history teacher in a secondary school, head of a secondary school, specialist in state and private institutions and enterprises.
Education continuation: The ability to study under the program of the second cycle in the field of knowledge, consistent with the received bachelor's degree, and the opportunity of teaching.
Teaching style Approaches to teaching and training: Technologies of context, simulation, problem-based, modular, and project-based training are leading to a qualitative transformation of the learning environment for students. The main approaches to training are problematic and practice-oriented, implemented by means of using lectures methodology and techniques of research search, in the research focusing of practical classes in special subjects by shifting to action-oriented subjects of methodological cycle, targeting of different practices on the result.
Assessment system: Oral and written examinations, presentations, essays, educational practice, final qualification work.
General Competence in science – the conscious use of cognitive abilities for the acquisition, use, and management of knowledge.
Language and communicative competence – the use of language as a means of oral and written communication, exchange of knowledge, ideas, emotions, persistence, the ability to be responsible for themselves and mature decisions, ability to cooperate.
ICT competence – confident and critical use of ICT for work and communication, a combination of knowledge, skills and different types of information, valuable attitude to this activity.
Social competence – the ability to share information, communicate, establish and maintain social relationships, the ability to cooperate, problem solving, and understanding.
Personal competence – is an integrative formation, including a system of values related to self-development and self-improvement in professional activities, awareness of their own strengths and weaknesses, the capacity for self-analysis, identification and development of individual positive qualities.
Interpersonal competence – the ability to build subject-subject relations in professional activities, the ability for active cooperation and integration in the pursuit of goals with other people, institutions and organizations.
Practical competence – the ability to put into practice the knowledge and research skills, willingness to make independent decisions, responsibility for results.
Subject oriented History – knowledge of the content and methodology of core and special historical subjects.
Chronological – the ability to be familiar with the historical time periods as a way to apply knowledge of history.
Spatial – the ability of students to be familiar with the historic space.
Information and speech – effectively and competently work with different sources of historical information, form oral and written expression on historical facts, historical figures and historical theory.
Logical – the ability to define and apply theoretical concepts, provision, concepts for the analysis and explanation of historical facts, events and processes.
Research – the ability to use scientific tools for theoretical and experimental research in the academic, practical and vocational activities.
Information – to work with different sources of information, analyze, synthesize, summarize and use it for training.
Practical – willingness to work independently, ability to apply theoretical knowledge gained in practice, readiness for local history studies organization in professional activities.
Axiological competence – the ability of students to formulate and evaluation versions of historical movement and development.
Scientific and methodological competence – the ability to apply pedagogical, psychological, vocational and subject knowledge and teaching skills based on knowledge of didactics.
Competence in innovation and improvement – to know the problems of innovation in education, use of different educational technologies and learning means.
Subject oriented Knowledge and understanding Axiological and legal – the ability to present one’s own position regarding to the function of law in society, lawful and unlawful behavior, the legal responsibility for the offense, the definition of citizens’ virtues of legal democratic state.
Logical – readiness to determine specific characteristics of legal concepts, the wording of the definition, selection of the main components of legal phenomena and facts, structural-logic circuits making.
Legal and speech – the ability to characterize legal effects (lawful and unlawful behavior), discuss them in a group and represent own position, ground it, and fake legal situations.
Information and legal – the ability to work with sources of legal information, analyze regulations, use reference books, electronic resources for independent information search.
Practice-oriented – the ability to matching own ideas about legal phenomenon and an extract of regulatory legal acts, giving examples, specifying the legal provisions, applying theoretical knowledge to analyze situational problems.
Competence in innovation and improvement sphere – information on the problems on innovation in the field of education, using a variety of educational technology and learning means.
Teaching and methodological competence – the ability to apply the system of pedagogical, psychological, and subject knowledge and teaching and methodological skills based on knowledge of didactics.
Program Learning Outcomes
The student shows knowledge and understanding of:
• The content of core and special historical subjects.
• Basic historical processes and events of ancient, medieval, early modern, new, modern history of Ukraine and World History in their comparison and relationship.
• Complex of cross, general and individual subjects notions in the educational field.
• Subject and methodology of history, other social sciences and humanities.
• Historical periods, as a means of knowledge of history.
• Historiography to analyze current scientific debates on issues of national and world history and identify the promising research directions in other fields of scientific knowledge.
• Scientific tools for theoretical and experimental research in the academic, practical and vocational activities.
• Objective laws that relate to the processes of accumulation and preservation of social data.
• Regional peculiarities of Ukraine, theoretical and methodological fundamentals of local history activity.
• Methodological principles of analysis of cultural phenomena in the world civilization sphere.
• Knowledge of the subject, pedagogical, psychological fundamentals, fundamentals of organization and management of the educational process.
• Essence, patterns, trends and prospects of the educational process development.
• Theoretical fundamentals of didactics, content of education, patterns of learning, best practices and organizational learning.
• Scientific fundamentals of subject methods.
• Effective models of teaching history and social sciences.
A student shows skills and ability to:
• Analyze and operate the facts of modern academic history, historical knowledge in speciality.
• Use new methodological approaches in educational and professional activities: civilization, axiological, cultural, anthropological, and multifactorial.
• Consider social phenomena in the development and the specific historical conditions of time.
• Collect, process, and summarize information to create a deep knowledge base of historical and socio-cultural processes in Ukraine, in Europe, and in the world as a whole.
• Be familiar with scientific periodization, compare historical processes of national and world history, and identify trends in international relations, related to geopolitical factors.
• Characterize the historical process and regional peculiarities.
• Work with sources of information, to integrate their content, recognize and accept the diversity of critical analysis and evaluation of historical sources.
• Identify and apply theoretical concepts, provisions, concepts to analyze and explain the historical facts.
• Use scientific tools for theoretical and experimental research in the academic, practical and vocational activities.
• Formulate an assessment of the historical movement, historical figures activity, reveal ones own positions on controversial facts of history.
• Use fundamentals of theory and methodology of education in professional activities.
• Integrate the knowledge obtained in the process of studying various subjects in a single complex of humanities.
• Project and implement educational process taking into account the state requirements.
• Organize training activities and extracurricular work of pupils in secondary schools, create and maintain a psychologically safe learning environment.
• Work with innovative techniques and technologies of training, implement interdisciplinary relations.
• Diagnose and assess the level of development, achievement and educational needs of pupils.
• Organize joint activities and interpersonal interaction of the educational process subjects.
• Provide professional activity in a multicultural world, sharing and respecting the norms and values of their national and cultural environment.
• Show important personal qualities for educational activities (sociability, responsibility, reflexivity, empathy, capacity for self-analyses and self-management, professional growth).
Program Learning Outcomes in Specialization
The student shows knowledge and understanding of:
• Main fundamentals of the theory of constitutionalism and constitution, the conceptual basis of the legal status of man and citizen, constitutional fundamentals of civil society formation in Ukraine.
• Methodology of study the nature and content of the constitutional and legal phenomena, basic theory of the constitution, the constitutional provisions of man and citizen, the territorial organization of the state, state power and local self-government conducting.
• Laws and regulations governing the status and rights of citizens, the functioning of civil society institutions, organization and activities of state and local governments.
• Historical and political aspects of the formation and development of the law system, legal regulation mechanisms in various areas of law.
• Major doctrinal provisions of the various areas of law, peculiarities of legal regulation of their use.
• Theories of democracy, rule of law, natural and inalienable rights and freedoms.
• Basic laws of governance and management of social processes through public power.
• Understanding of constitutional and legal fundamentals for ensuring freedom of conscience in Ukraine, features of denominational life of modern Ukraine.
• Terminology of jurisprudence under specific areas of law.
• Conceptual apparatus and concepts of legal logic.
• Value the principles of law and jurisprudence, understanding the fundamentals and requirements of professional ethics of legal subjects teacher.
• Legal fundamentals of maintaining the health and efficiency of workers in production conditions of specific areas.
• Rules and regulations to work with computers, the main ways of using information and communication technologies in professional activity
• The content of legal education and methodological principles of teaching law in secondary school as a subject area.
• Scientific fundamentals of methodology of teaching law, teaching technologies in collaboration as tools for enhancing learning.
• Modern teaching technologies, models of legal education of pupils by means of project activities. • Standards of safe learning environment organizing.
A student shows skills and ability to:
• Promptly and effectively orient in the regulatory framework, distinguish the sources of law with regard to their validity and hierarchy, solve problems of law rules competition.
• Characterize the existing paradigm of the history of Ukrainian statehood, its conditionality and sociodynamics against the backdrop of global state forming processes.
• Identify the essential features and typology of modern political systems and their components; analyze the current trends of political life in Ukraine and international political relations.
• Assess the requirements of main domestic and international normative acts in the political sphere. • Analyze the basic doctrinal position of the various branches of law, peculiarities of legal regulation of their use.
• Use of domestic and international regulatory acts, different sources of law, legal literature, consciously use them for legal procedures to protect rights and freedoms of a man.
• Analyze the regulations that govern the status of man and citizen, the functioning of civil society institutions, organization and activities of state and local governments.
• Implement systematization, interpretation and evaluation of information received from various regulatory and legal sources.
• Use of general theoretical knowledge as methodological in the process of studying subjects in the study area, analyze the constitutional institutions, evaluate them in terms of cultural values.
• Use of legislative and regulatory acts on labor protection; interpret and apply the rules of labor law in the work field of specialty.
• Possess knowledge necessary to solve the problems in the fields of public and private law.
• Consider legal principles and ethical standards in the industrial and public, social and political activities.
• Use professional and subject oriented knowledge and practical skills in basic subjects in the study of law at secondary school of various levels.
• Work with innovative technologies, implement interdisciplinary communication, organize joint activities and interpersonal interaction of the educational process subjects.
• Work with a competency-oriented teaching methodologies; determine the methods of formation, the criteria for monitoring and evaluating the legal competence of students.
• Provide pedagogical support of the processes of socialization and professional self-determination of students, preparing them for conscious choice of life way.
• Use oral and written Ukrainian language; identify the knowledge and ability to communicate in a foreign language.
• To the self-correction of educational activities based on the study of advanced pedagogical experience, continuous and relevant training.
Program modules І General training cycle
1.1 Humanities training
ГП1.1.01 Ukrainian Language
ГП1.1.02 Foreign Language
ГП1.1.03 Latin Language
ГП1.1.05 Special Historical Subjects
ГП1.1.06 Ethnography of Ukraine
1.2 Core training
ФП1.2.01 Age Physiology, and School Hygiene
ФП1.2.02 Historical Geography of Ukraine
ФП1.2.04 Physical Education
ФП1.2.05 History of Ukrainian Culture
ФП1.2.06 History of Ukraine from ancient times to the 18th century
ФП1.2.07 History of Ukraine in the 19th century
ФП1.2.08 History of Ukraine in the 20th – early 21st century
ФП1.2.09 History of the Ancient World
ФП1.2.10 History of the Middle Ages
ФП1.2.11 History of Foreign Countries Cultures
ФП1.2.12 History of State and Law of Ukraine
ІІ Professional training cycle
2.1 Psychological and pedagogical training
ППП2.1.02 Research Work Fundamentals
ППП2.1.04 Theory and Methodology of Teaching History
ППП2.1.05 Theory and Methodology of Social Science
ППП2.1.06 Methodology of Training Local History Work
ППП2.1.07 Methodology of Training History of Ukraine
ППП2.1.08 Methodology of Training World History
ППП2.1.09 History of Pedagogy
ППП2.1.10 Methodology of Educational Work and Fundamentals of Educational Skills
2.2 Scientific and Subject Training
НПП2.2.01 History of Slavic People
НПП2.2.02 New History of Europe and America
НПП2.1.03 Newest History of Europe and America
НПП2.1.04 New History of Asia and Africa
НПП2.1.05 Newest History of Asia and Africa
НПП2.1.06 Historiography of History of Ukraine
НПП2.1.07 Source Study of History of Ukraine
НПП2.1.08 Archives Study
НПП2.1.09 Fundamentals of Historical Museum Study
НПП2.1.10 Archaeology of Ukraine
НПП2.1.11 History of Primitive Society
ІІІ Subjects of a free choice of a student
3.1 Subject oriented specialization science of law
ВВ 1.01 Theory of State and Law of Ukraine
ВВ 1.02 Constitutional Law of Ukraine
ВВ 1.03 Family Law of Ukraine
ВВ 1.04 Administrative Law of Ukraine
ВВ 1.05 Criminal Law of Ukraine
ВВ 1.06 Methodology of Teaching Law
ВВ 1.07 Civil and Commercial Law of Ukraine
ВВ 1.08 Environmental Law of Ukraine
ВВ 1.09 Employment Law of Ukraine
ВВ 1.10 Occupational Safety and Safety Management in Emergencies